Perge - A settlement in Pamphylia
Perge was an ancient and important city of Pamphylia, between the rivers Catarrhactes and Cestrus. It is first mentioned in a treaty between the Hittite Great King Tudhaliya IV and his vassal, the king of Tarhuntassa.

Perge returns to history as a Pamphylian Greek city, and with Pamphylia came under successive rule by Persians, Athenians, and Persians again. Alexander the Great, after quitting Phaselis, occupied Perge with a part of his army. The road between these two towns is described as long and difficult. Alexander's rule was followed by the Diadochi empire of the Seleucids, then the Romans.

Perge gained renown for the worship of Artemis, whose temple stood on a hill outside the town, and in whose honour annual festivals were celebrated. The coins of Perge represent both the goddess and her temple.

Modern location: Aksu, Turkey

(1) Gallienus 253-268 AD
Obverse: laureate, draped and cuirassed bust right; AVT KAI ΠO Λ_I_ΓAΛΛIHNOC CEB
Reverse: Tyche standing half left holding rudder and cornucopia; ΠEPΓ_AIΩN
Ref: SNG BN 574; SNG von Aulock 4727; SN...
(2) Perge | Alexander III 200-199 BC
Obverse: head of young Herakles right wearing lion's skin
Reverse: Zeus seated left, leaning on scepter, holding eagle; AΛEΞANΔPOY / KB
Ref: Price 2936
(3) Volusian 251-253 AD
AE unit Perge
Obverse: Α Κ Γ ΟΥ ΑΦ ΓΑΛ ΟΥΟΛΟΥϹΙΑΝΟΝ, Head of Volusian facing right, wearing laurel wreath
Reverse: ΠƐΡΓΑΙΩΝ, Three-legged chest with folding doors, with three purses upon it
Ref: RPC Online IX 1123