Cyrrhus - A settlement in Syria also known as Hagioupolis - Nebi Huri - Khoros
Cyrrhus was a city in ancient Syria founded by Seleucus Nicator, one of Alexander the Great's generals. Other names for the city include Hagioupolis, Nebi Huri, and Khoros.

It a was founded by Seleucus Nicator shortly after 300 BC, and was named after the Macedonian city of Cyrrhus. It was taken by the Armenian Empire in the 1st century BC, then became Roman when Pompey took Syria in 64 BC. By the 1st century AD, it had become a Roman administrative, military, and commercial center on the trade route between Antioch and the Euphrates River crossing at Zeugma, and minted its own coinage. It was the base of the Roman legion Legio X Fretensis. The Sassanid Persian Empire took it several times during the 3rd century.

In the 6th century, the city was embellished and fortified by Byzantine Emperor Justinian. It was however taken by the Muslims in 637 and known at that time under the name of Qorosh and later by the Crusaders in the 11th century. Nur ad-Din Zangi recaptured it in 1150. Muslim travelers of the 13th and 14th century report it both as a large city and as largely in ruins.

Modern location: Ruins

(1) Caracalla 215-217 AD
Obverse: radiate, cuirassed bust left, holding shield and spear over left shoulder, right hand raised; AYT K MA ANTΩ_NIN_OC C
Reverse: eagle facing, head right, wreath in beak, filleted thyrsus below; ΔHMAPX EΞ__VΠATO Δ
Ref: Prieur 915